Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui-Designers was the id_name debate

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui-Designers was the id_name debate
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 11:45:16 +0200

> >A question about the way that CVS works... would the above already be
> >in your own directory within the gnumed cvs at savannah - or maybe
> >only if you chose to upload it from your personal computer?
> >
> I thought anyone can modify anything in cvs .
Well, anyone with CVS access.

Jim was wondering where the code in question would be found at
and whether it still sits on your local disk without having
been checked in. So, yes, it'd be found in test_area/sjtan/
and yes it appears to sit on your disc not checked in.

> >And once it is in your savannah directory, does it remain inaccessible
> >to other people (maybe 'read-protected')?
No. Once it is checked in it is accessible to all.

> Is the purpose of putting it
> >in test-area so that people can revise and add to it, which they would
> >be unable (?) to do to code in your own directory?
The purpose of test_area/ is to serve as a staging area for
various ideas that may or may not be directly or conceptually
merged into the trunk code.