Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui-Designers was the id_name debate

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui-Designers was the id_name debate
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:35:16 -0700

At 9:06 PM +1000 9/9/04, sjtan wrote:
Is it Oscar(McMaster, not Oscar cluster software) or gnumed ?

It's OSCAR McMaster with which I have the structural concerns.
With Gnumed I have only resource concerns (plus its present inability to work from a Mac client)

If its oscar,  please enumerate your concerns with it. Maybe post

Will do, a bit later.

it's an exercise in getting any tomcat web application to work

The above was apparently very fiddly (a big pain!) said my support person

The way to look at it is...

Helpful, thanks.

A few months ago, I did some work getting gnumed schema to work with struts, and got demographics update and search working as a web app, and was working on clinical

Would the above be written in python? Anything worth knowing about "how" it is written?

If any one wants to hack at struts and gnumed schema, I can put it in test-area.

A question about the way that CVS works... would the above already be in your own directory within the gnumed cvs at savannah - or maybe only if you chose to upload it from your personal computer?

And once it is in your savannah directory, does it remain inaccessible to other people (maybe 'read-protected')? Is the purpose of putting it in test-area so that people can revise and add to it, which they would be unable (?) to do to code in your own directory?