[Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed Debian packaging lagging behind...

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed Debian packaging lagging behind...
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:26:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Alessandro Amici wrote:

i'm approximately following the instructions on the wiki at:
http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Gnumed/DebianInstallers

so i'm in the process of building the debs as per:
http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/debian/

i found the following problems so far:
- {wiki} you need to 'cvs co' gnumed in the correct place before you can
follow the instructions
Thanks for testing.  Just by chance I updated the debian/rules file (only
on my local harddisk) to stop using CVS checkout but use the dayly snapshot
instead.  While doing this you might measure that I started working on the
GnuMed packages again.

- {deb} client.install lists several files that are no more (the attached
(dumb) patch is needed in order for the debuild to succeed), most probably
lots of stuff is missing
Many thanks - I'll check this out.

- {deb} the common.postinst uses /usr/sbin/get-group-users that is nowhere to
be found on my system (after dependencies are installed).
Yes.  This was part of the former med-common package which is now greatly
overworked.  All this stuff went into cdd-common package which is used
for all Custom Debian Distributione (which Debian-Med is only one of).
Thus I'll provide either this snipped of code directly in the GnuMed
packages or make it depend from the relevant package (I have to decide
which is more sane.

i'm all for testing and helping bring the debian package up to date (you said
you needed bug reports... you'll have them ;)
Many thanks.  This is exactly the input I wanted.  I'll traveling the next
three days around which is the best time to work on stuff like that because
nobody will ring me on the phone and no e-mail is attracting my attention. ;-)

I guess in the end of the week I'll come up with updated packages.

Kind regards

          Andreas.