[Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed Debian packaging lagging behind...

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed Debian packaging lagging behind...
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:14:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Alessandro Amici wrote:

- {deb} client.install lists several files that are no more (the attached
(dumb) patch is needed in order for the debuild to succeed), most probably
lots of stuff is missing
Patch applied and (some!) further new modules included.

- {deb} the common.postinst uses /usr/sbin/get-group-users that is nowhere to
be found on my system (after dependencies are installed).
Fixed by simply including the missing file, which is more or less a dirty
hack - just lets you install the packages which are now available at

    http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/

Please note the new versioninch scheme which leads to the effect that dpkg
thinks you are downgrading.  The rationale are flawless move to future
official version numbers.

i'm all for testing and helping bring the debian package up to date (you said
you needed bug reports... you'll have them ;)
I did not fixed the other problems you reported but I just updated the
pachages at the URL above to prove that I did at least something.  Regard
the packages there as more or less useless and not working ...

Kind regards

            Andreas.