Re: [Gnumed-devel] aiming for very limited local piloting in British Col

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] aiming for very limited local piloting in British Columbia, Canada
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:46:53 +0100

> Things are shaping up nicely (fingers crossed) for me to be able to
> get some project support for that anticoagulation clinic.
I think it may be very worthwhile to tend to the requirements in
a Wiki page refining as we go. Eg., a collection of use cases
for that clinic, eg. "new patient comes in, nurse must do
...". You need not name that clinic in the Wiki if that's of
privacy concern.

> GnuMed would suddenly become interesting to people who, although
> cautious adopters, may be happy to move in a step-wise fashion as
> they maintain an otherwise (i.e. hybrid) paper chart.
I advocate the stepwise approach. It is more suited to what
OSS can offer.

> Prescription-writing, even if filling is done via printing/faxing
This will require quite some work on the backend re cached
storing of drug entries as Hilmar suggested.