Re: [Gnumed-devel] happy campers again

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] happy campers again
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:45:58 +1100

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:22, David Grant wrote:
> p.s. Well, maybe I still have some guilt.  Sorry for causing so much of
> a headache for you Horst, if indeed TWiki was the hole.  I know the
> feeling (I just wiped out my main Linux drive this morning, trying to
> recover partition now).

No reason for guilt at all. Could have been any other program, I wasn't
particularly alert on security issues on that server since it didn't host
anything confidential or commercial. Yes, I have confirmed that it was the
TWiki vulnerability that caused the trouble, but that's definitely not your
fault, nobody could have known.

I take it as a lesson that I shouldn't be so slack securitywise even on
servers of that kind.

Horst