[Gnumed-devel] Re: Keeping gnumed focussed toward 0.1

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Keeping gnumed focussed toward 0.1
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:40:52 -0800

At 7:46 PM +1100 2/17/05, Ian Haywood wrote:
P.S. Please have a look at a new proposal for the forms layer
(I try to restrict myself to re-designing it once a month or so)
http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/Forms

Asking "around the edges",

1) if (user and) patient are defined automatically, would patient occupy the value for  gmDemographicRecord.cIdentity, such that using it to denote the referral doctor or therapist (the "referee" as defined in the referral table) creates a conflict?

2) in the manual, are we envisioning the Administrator as a person with network management (sysop-type) skills *maybe* able to modify their own forms, or will we consider Administrator to be an "office manager" who would add and configure users, reset passwords, adjust GnuMed privileges and liaise with the installation's IT support but have *limited* computer skills outside what the gnumed GUI provides?

I thought of #2 to clarify how forms would be relevant. If for Administrator we are to assume moderate sysop skills, then the wiki Forms topic should be linked to the Manual?  Whereas the "manager" level person may just need to know to refer questions to their IT support  who would need to create or modify forms (provided these people are, or can get, comfortable with Latex). It is a question worth answering for more general planning and organizing of the manual.

3) I noticed in the schema
- form_defs, form_fields, form_type
- form_instances (and the "holders" form_data, form_fields)
- form_job_queue
- paper_sizes
- referral
- clin_medication

I gather these and the new approach to forms remain aligned, or is any schema tweaking required?