Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Keeping gnumed focussed toward 0.1

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Keeping gnumed focussed toward 0.1
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 07:55:22 +1100

J Busser wrote:
1) if (user and) patient are defined automatically, would patient occupy the value for gmDemographicRecord.cIdentity, such that using it to denote the referral doctor or therapist (the "referee" as defined in the referral table) creates a conflict?
No, there are two instances of the class gmDemographicRecord.cIdentity, they
don't interfere with each other at all.
2) in the manual, are we envisioning the Administrator as a person with network management (sysop-type) skills *maybe* able to modify their own forms, or will we consider Administrator to be an "office manager" who would add and configure users, reset passwords, adjust GnuMed privileges and liaise with the installation's IT support but have *limited* computer skills outside what the gnumed GUI provides?
Good question.
It would be nice to have something like MS-Access with a nice GUI where users
can
generate their own form templates. However for stuff like scripts I don't
think this is ever going to have the flexibility: form writers need
to be able to mix Python and LaTeX, so some programming (not a lot, no
harder than writing a Word macro in basic) is required.

3) I noticed in the schema
- form_defs, form_fields, form_type
We wouldn't use these any more.
- form_instances (and the "holders" form_data, form_fields)
This would be still be used.
- form_job_queue
no change
- paper_sizes
no change
- referral
no change, we can use this now, with the old forms system we couldn't.
- clin_medication
no change, not related at all.

Ian