Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some suggestions to make gnumed more efficient

From: Christoph Becker
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some suggestions to make gnumed more efficient
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:06:54 +0100

Hallo Karsten,
here is the result of trying to dump the gnumed schema from salaam.homeunix.com.
As you see, the permission of any-doc  is not sufficient. I had the same error on with my own app a few seconds  before, when trying to do a dump with my ordinary username. One has to be superuser to get the schema.
$ pg_dump -s -C -f dump-gm-2005-02-23.txt -U any-doc -h salaam.homeunix.com gnumed
Password:
pg_dump: SQL command failed
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  permission denied for relation gm_services
pg_dump: The command was: LOCK TABLE public.gm_services IN ACCESS SHARE MODE

Regards
Christoph Becker

Karsten Hilbert schrieb:
Hallo Christoph,

may I just tempt you to do one thing ?  :-)

Because of at least three bugs in the Dezign for Database Schema-import, ...

Is it possible to point Dezign for Database to a running
database ?

If so, can you connect to

db: gnumed
host: salaam.homeunix.com
port: 5432
user: any-doc
password: any-doc

Does that allow you to investigate the schema without having
to import it on your machine ?