Re: [Gnumed-devel] getting closer to a version that "makes sense"

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] getting closer to a version that "makes sense"
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:53:03 +1000

J Busser wrote:
> At 11:27 PM +0200 4/5/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>
>> For the client:
>>
>>  Python 2.2
>>  wxPython 2.4

Only those versions, or those versions or later. I have Python 2.4.1 on
all my systems. Will wxPython 2.5.4.1 work?

>>  pyPgSQL 2.4.$latest

Only 2.4 is available as a tarball or zip file from the pyPgSQL
SourceForge download page. Is that the one you mean? I ask because teh
version in CVS has serveral changes, but has not been packaged.

Has anyone tested pyPgSQL 2.4 with PostgreSQL 8.01? Or do I need
PostgreSQL 7.4? Our testing of pyPgSQL 2.4 with PostgreSQl 8.0 revealed
a few issues, and we'll be distributing a patch file for pyPgSQL 2.4 to
fix these with NetEpi, unless Gerhard Haering updates PyPgSQL and
releases a new tarball/zipfile for it - but he hasn't for over a year
and hasn't included a vital patch we submitted - so we have to
distribute our own patch file - and may have to distribute a forked
version if he doesn't include the fixes soon.

Anyway, the idea is to point at the shared database in the first
instance, isn't it, so which versions of PostgreSQL to use is irrelevant?

>>  mxDateTime any recent version
>

> what about wxWindows (now wxWidgets)?

Isn't the version of that determined by the version of wxPython?

Tim C