Re: [Gnumed-devel] getting closer to a version that "makes sense"

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] getting closer to a version that "makes sense"
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:29:38 +0200

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 13:53, Tim Churches wrote:
> J Busser wrote:
> > At 11:27 PM +0200 4/5/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> >> For the client:
> >>
> >>  Python 2.2
> >>  wxPython 2.4
>
> Only those versions, or those versions or later. I have Python 2.4.1 on
> all my systems. Will wxPython 2.5.4.1 work?
The short answer is no. The long answer is yes if someone fixes the issues
which were discussed recently. It is my understanding that 2.4 is very
different from 2.5.x (which will be 2.6 soon).

So we still focus on 2.4 while we watch 2.5.x closely.

> >>  pyPgSQL 2.4.$latest
>
> Only 2.4 is available as a tarball or zip file from the pyPgSQL
> SourceForge download page. Is that the one you mean? I ask because teh
> version in CVS has serveral changes, but has not been packaged.

I noticed that too. This needs to be addressed.

> Has anyone tested pyPgSQL 2.4 with PostgreSQL 8.01?
No.
> Or do I need
> PostgreSQL 7.4?
That is what we use right now. Any tests are greatly appreciated.
> Our testing of pyPgSQL 2.4 with PostgreSQl 8.0 revealed
> a few issues,
That is what I am worried about.
> and we'll be distributing a patch file for pyPgSQL 2.4 to
> fix these with NetEpi, unless Gerhard Haering updates PyPgSQL and
> releases a new tarball/zipfile for it - but he hasn't for over a year
> and hasn't included a vital patch we submitted - so we have to
> distribute our own patch file - and may have to distribute a forked
> version if he doesn't include the fixes soon.
Hmm, if he does not have the time to package it how much time does he have to
enhance it ? Are there alternatives ?
> Isn't the version of that determined by the version of wxPython?

Kind of. You can compile wxpython which will give you wxwidgets as well or you
can install binary packages for different distributions. But you knew that.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany