[Gnumed-devel] Call for backend data - states per country

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Call for backend data - states per country
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 18:16:09 +0200

Dear all,

in order to keep the data in the backend consistent and in
good shape it is useful to provide pre-installed values
wherever useful and possible. One such place is a list of
states per country. We already have an "exhaustive" list of
countries and also have state lists for AU, DE and ES.

If you don't live in either of those please help by sending a
list of states for your country. The list should contain: the
country, that names of the states and official abbreviations
for each of them.

Regardless of whether we decide to allow free-text enty into
state fields or not - it makes sense to provide useful
defaults.

Thanks,