Re: [Gnumed-devel] Call for backend data - states per country CANADA

From: Carlos Moro
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Call for backend data - states per country CANADA
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 10:25:08 +0200

Hi all,

J Busser wrote:

Does the backend support a name for the "type" of country subdivision e.g. province or territory instead of state? Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories.

Actually, Spain is divided into 17 autonomous communities and 54 provinces... I don't think we have states for many time };) ... When typing and address, we use to write the name of the province, rather than the autonomous communities, thus I sent spanish provinces for states. Is it ok, or would communities fit better in state concept? Or we are having state - subdivision (could be translated in spaing into community - province?

Best regads,
carlos

--
GPG key ID FA50E162 @ random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de
ECBD 59FE 1A50 630E DF7A  4AF2 E410 83FB FA50 E162