Re: [Gnumed-devel] Call for backend data - states per country CANADA

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Call for backend data - states per country CANADA
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 22:26:03 -0700

At 6:16 PM +0200 6/5/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
Dear all,
...to keep the data in the backend... pre-installed values
... We already have... state lists for AU, DE and ES.

If you don't live in either of those please help by sending a
list of states for your country. The list should contain: the
country, that names of the states and official abbreviations
for each of them.

Does the backend support a name for the "type" of country subdivision e.g. province or territory instead of state? Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories.

Canada has two official languages, English and French. I have provided both sets but would the backend hold both --- default English values and an optional i18n (french) set of values --- or would people who wish to operate GNUmed in french need to replace the values in the bootstrap?

CA   CANADA