Re: [Gnumed-devel] secure messaging

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] secure messaging
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 23:05:00 +0000

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:23, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > 5.) the system fetches incoming messages, decrypts them, verifies
> > signatures, parses them (e.g. PIT format, HL7 format *.doc, rtf etc) and
> > puts them into an "inbox" directory in an XML based meta format
> > 6.) in most cases, a process will import those messages into an EHR
> > system,
>
> Where can I find the specs to make GNUmed import
> those documents ?

If you mean the meta-format, it's still embryonic and a moving target.
I can send you the PIT specs (just a few A4 pages) and the HL7 specs (several
thousand pages just for one single version of it) if you like, but I would
strongly propose to help discussing the XML meta format instead so that
gnumed (and others) only have to "learn" a single format and leave the
message parsing to the universal parser modules converting those other
formats into our meta format and viceversa.

Horst