[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed install made easy - maybe

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed install made easy - maybe
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:46:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, J Busser wrote:

That will be great & I'll be happy to test & give feedback.

The gnumed-client-0.1 Debian packages hit the Debian news queue
yesterday.  The typical time for new packages to enter Debian
is about one week.  I'll keep you inform once you can apt-get
the packages.

Will it be only the client, or are you also in a position to
assemble a deb to do the server setup?

Yes, for the moment only the client because only the client was
released.  I found out that it is very slow over DSL connection.
I now try to make a good plan to also package the server.

Presumably upon
downloading a GNUmed_server_0.1 deb, a check on
dependencies will assist fetching/installing a suitable
PostgreSQL after which the GNUmed db files can be
installed.

I'll try to do my best.  As allways the time issue is the most blocking
thing.

Kind regards

            Andreas.

--