Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: CPR feature idea

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: CPR feature idea
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 20:15:57 +0100

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 02:54:29PM +0100, RKI Andreas wrote:

> As an complete outsider (so do not take my word very honest) I would
> support Hilmar's idea.  If there are trusted and proven ways it makes
> no sense to add an additional way which has not proven functional.
Perhaps my desire stems from the lack of trusted and proven
means to reach said goal. Red-screening the clients would
(conceptually, at least) work amazingly well in the
setting(s) I work at.

> And by the way, if there is really an accident I would want people
> to come immediately and not hectically grabbing the mouse and clicking
> to one of your buttons instead of starting action 3 seconds earlier.
That is definitely a point. There is probably a good case to
be had *against* providing any buttons offering the
temptation to fiddle with them. Simply make the red screen
respond to (pretty much ?) any key and upon that deliver the
status "seen" to the caller. *That's* how simplicity can
improve things, I agree.