[Gnumed-devel] CPR feature idea

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] CPR feature idea
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:47:04 +0100

While trawling through the regular CPR refresher course
today a feature occurred to me which, no doubt, some would
hate and some would love. I spoke to my clinic's
resuscitation officer and he loved it:

Imagine a "big red" button in the "right upper" corner. When
you hit it all other clients at the local site pop up a
modal (yes ;-), all-red page with large yellow letters:

 Resuscitation Alert

 Room : ..........
 Start: 14:37 (2 minutes ago)

 [on my way]     [seen, ignore]

There would not be a default button. The user would have to
willfully select and press a button before normal work with
this client can proceed.

The initiating client would show a slightly different page:

 Resuscitation: Start: 14:37 (3 minutes ago)

 Emergency number: 911

 help status
 room 3 ... coming
 room 1
 room 2 ... coming

Either on that page or on a [next] page would be shown the
basic/advanced AHA/... CPR flowchart.

One would want to keep that very simple and very local
(machine-local) code- and data-wise.