Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed.conf

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed.conf
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:49:18 +0100

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 04:59:14PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/ConfigurationStoredInBackend
>    (with a link to an archived email) suggests more automatic options
> and flexibility. Does it still seem accurate, is this method
> presently in use and functioning?
Yes and yes.

We additionally now have the cCfgSQL methods

.get_by_user()
.get_by_workplace()

which get an option without regard for workplace/user
respectively. IOW if I want to retrieve an option in which
the workplace does not matter (think of a personal color
preference for the client) I would use
cCfgSQL.get_by_user(option = 'my_color'). Both methods
support a default value. If set it is returned if the
database does not hold an appropriate value. In that case
the default value will also be written to the database for
the next time around.

> Lastly I had also compiled bits and pieces of information into a
> placeholder topic
>    http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/DirectoryStructure
> anything there that needs major change?
It might need a notice at the top that those are rumblings
and thoughts which may or may not be accurate currently.