Re: [Gnumed-devel] Creating gnumed with sqls alone

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Creating gnumed with sqls alone
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 23:06:54 +0100

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 08:17:53AM +1100, Richard wrote:

> Not sure if you recieved my last email about functions.
No, please do resend it !

> Anway, is it possible to create gnumed entirely from the sql's in the sql
> directory,
Yes, it should be possible. It might be quite cumbersome,
however. The order can be derived from the config files. One
needs to make the users, groups and procedural languages
(pl/pgsql) are properly set up, too.

> as I am finding it continually impossible to use the scripts which
> in my hands don't work.
It would be highly interesting to find out why. How does it
fail ? What does the log say ?

> The thing that mainly seems to be stopping me is an error:'relation
> gm_schema_revision dosn't exist.
Well, we don't have nearly enough information to guess at
why. My guess would be that you didn't quite get the order
of inserting the SQL right.

> Any help appreciated, as now I'm getting up to speed with postgres I'm keen
> try and understand the gnumed database itself.
Sounds good. The information created from the live schema
that's linked from the Wiki might help.