Re: [Gnumed-devel] staff manager panel code

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] staff manager panel code
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 18:00:03 +0100

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 06:54:36AM +0800, Syan Tan wrote:

> Doesn't look too different : with the button enlist current patient,
> I've got a provider select panel working that
> uses gmPatSelector
That's probably better, I just stayed away from the work :-)

> ( a provider subclass of it, that won't cause
> patient_selected signals, and won't chang gmCurrentPatient)
I suppose we should make that work the other way round, no ?

Such that we have a cPersonSelector that doesn't cause the
signals nor changes the current patient and have that
subclassed into a) cCurrentPatientSelector (which does all
the above) and perhaps b) cProviderSelector if necessary.

> to select a provider, but has a button for creating a new provider  (that
> reuses a panel from gmDemographicWidgets),
Good. See my other posts. Eventually we should make the
new-person wizard generic enough to directly support
creating providers.

> then a button link to pg_user.  When a provider is selected, and link pg_user
> is pressed, it then goes to a pg_user
> select panel, which can alter a password, group membership, and on pressing
> the
> update button, will invoke the admin
> login dialog, and if successful, alter the pg_user and pg_groups accordingly,
> or create pg_user and alter pg_groups
> if the pg_user name doesn't exist.
Sounds a bit like the chained popups Ian doesn't like too
much (but hey, that's him). Also sounds like you re-invented
the wizard ;-)

> The selection list is filtered so that any
> pg_user already associated with a provider in
> dem.staff will not be listed. There is a "select" button which will then go to
> a staff creation gui in my workflow, but
> what I suggest is that it jumps back to your staff gui, but there would be
> read
> only fields, which are provider description
> and pg_user name: the pg_user name can be the Account field.  Can I proceed to
> do this ?
Sure. However, eventually we should merge your and my ideas
to something better "integrated".