Re: [Gnumed-devel] Custom Test Panels?

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Custom Test Panels?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 14:49:09 -0800

On 10-Feb-08, at 2:29 PM, TheForkOfJustice wrote:

Am I correct in noticing that GNUmed will have the ability to request individual tests and entire panels from it's interface?

As far as I understand it, GNUmed has the *possibility* (not in the next release, but maybe in one of the next handful) to *enter* (document) lab requests. The first iteration could correspond to a smarter version of a SOAP note entry, in which the detail of a request could be recorded in a record in a clin.lab_request record, along with (in Germany) an identifier for that request.

You are seeking

the ability to create custom panels that can be assigned a hotbutton to order tests quickly

Hotbuttons could permit the *documentation* in GNUmed to be achieved efficiently.

Keep in mind that "ordering" involves somehow communicating what is needed to a lab. We cannot do that electronically in Canada... we must fill out a paper form or set up a mapped template to be able to print onto such a form. Until that could be implemented in GNUmed (down the road) there would be double-entry required.