Re: [Gnumed-devel] LabImporters (first draft) specification complete --

From: Dave Cramer
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] LabImporters (first draft) specification complete -- redux
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:17:10 -0500

On 11-Feb-08, at 7:32 PM, James Busser wrote:

On 11-Feb-08, at 4:19 PM, Dave Cramer wrote:

Also while were on the subject what do you want to do about the phone numbers which are formatted as 519-555-1212 as opposed to (519) 555-1212? Hapi throws an exception when parsing this which suggests that this is not valid. A cursory glance at the HL7 spec agrees with this. However if Excelleris is sending this data we will have to handle it.

The number could be useful to preserve for confirming the identity of unmatched patients. Is it hard to evaluate such strings for the presence of two "-"s and in the event of two, to replace the first with a close-parens ")" and to prepend to this string a left parens "("?

If not, Mirth may provide for such things with pre-processing.

Remember Mirth uses Hapi which does all of the parsing. If it uses a custom parser I should be able to find it.

Dave