Re: [Gnumed-devel] LabImporters (first draft) specification complete

From: Dave Cramer
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] LabImporters (first draft) specification complete
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:27:56 -0500

James,

Did you send me that file ?

I have a number of them from 2005, and 2006, but none of them from 2007.

Dave
On 12-Feb-08, at 3:58 AM, James Busser wrote:

On 11-Feb-08, at 5:17 PM, Dave Cramer wrote:

So can we agree on a specific file to work on first ?

Suggest:

        QA 20071101 v2.3.xml

Which has several test patients, and
- at least one microbiology culture result with antibiotic sensitivities and - at least one OBR NTE comment ("results verified" on a Hematology Panel) and - at least one OBX NTE comment (Reference interval change:\.br \method unchanged.\.br\)

However I would suggest we modify it, changing the first PID line which was originally

PID||9012345678|||EXCELLERIS^BPATIENT||19430102|F|||||604-658-2107

which provides insertion at PID 002 of 9012345678 which can serve as the Personal Health Number to help with one of the needed auto-match criteria. Normally such numbers, to be valid from my government regulatory quality control point of view, are supposed to pass a MODULUS 9 test which may be why none of the test messages supply one (or maybe in case a number which the lab broker might supply could be an actual number) but for our purposes the lab importer has no need to enforce this.

The test message in question includes no pending results, I think that would be the next message type to work through after this set.