Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Ok, so where are you up to with HL7

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Ok, so where are you up to with HL7
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:56:04 +0100

> > There is some preliminary java code under
> >
> > http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/stuff/
>
> If you ask me it would make perfectly sense to write a separate
> HL7 library with an interface to Python.
It would, but only half so. For the aim at hand a Python interface isn't really
needed.

> I do not think that this
> should be done in a GNUmed specific repository.
Agree. But the GNUmed-specific parts should.

> Please try to
> use the relevant forums to start such an effort to prevent reinvention
> of wheel and join forces with other interested people.
One of the available (reportedly usable) wheels is called Mirth, which,
however, seems to require special screwdrivers for mounting which can
be purchased from Mirth Inc. You are allowed to mount it without them
but you must forge and weld your own tools without blueprints.