Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:29:14 +0200

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 06:51:04PM -0700, James Busser wrote:

> Technically-abnormal "signing" could have 3 modes:
>
> - confirm lab's defaults for all selected (suggest this be the default
> signing action)
> - overwrite all selected labs with "technically abnormal" (i.e. ignoring
> lab's indicator)
> - overwrite all selected labs with "technically normal" (i.e. ignoring
> lab's indicator)

Done. See screenshot.

> When faced with a screen of results, when they are all new (unsigned)
>
> - all will need to be signed (if not by the current clinician, then
> later by the ordering clinician)
> - but if the current clinician will not be signing even temporarily, is
> it agreed there is little point in the current user inputting values for
> technically abnormal and clinically significant?
If the current clinician does not intend to sign she simply
doesn't sign. In that case she doesn't have to decide on
abnormal and significant. Why would she ?

> - therefore when examining new results (which nurses or assistants might
> be able to do, but which we would remove from this discussion, since they
> could not set flags or sign)
Oh, they can. Their review will be stored with their user ID
so everyone knows it's been the lawn carer who signed a
particular result. It's all there. His signature doesn't
have any influence whatsoever on anyone elses ability to
"really" sign results.

> ... all new results would need to be signable
> ... possibly the signing clinician could agree with all displayed
> test_org's indicators of abnormality
> ... the above may be nice to be able to do in a single step
Sure, eventually there'll be a dedicated
rapidly-review-unsigned-results mode be that a
filter or a dedicated widget.