Re: [Gnumed-devel] automatic rebuild of live-cd

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] automatic rebuild of live-cd
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 19:46:54 +0200

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 05:18:38PM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> > Would it make sense for the PostgreSQL that is inside the live
> > machine to be configured to permit connections from the local network
> > but not from outside it?
>
> I still don't see anyone using this on a regular basis. If you want to do
> this
> you can always install the CD on your harddrive.

I have a feeling Jim is testing the grounds whether it'd
make sense to lug a GNUmed live-cd to the hospital to turn
an innocent hospital machine into a GNUmed client so he can
access his GNUmed installation across the street at his
office... ;-)

For that he'll need *just* the client on the CD, no server
required.

OTOH, having LAN access to the live GNUmed server would be
great for classroom style presentations, say, hijack any
internet cafe and turn it into a GNUmed walk-in clinic with
networked workplaces, ha !