[Gnumed-devel] Re: problem bootstrapping 0.3

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: problem bootstrapping 0.3
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:55:04 +0200

Karsten> Well done :-)

:-)

>> If I want to use hr_HR.UTF-8 for storing notes in Croatian, but still
>> want to have English interface (that's what I do for the whole
>> desktop), do I need to just initdb with hr_HR.UTF-8
Karsten> Yes.

OK.

Karsten> No. GNUmed itself (client and database) are utf8 back-to-back
Karsten> so you can store any character in any GNUmed installation :-)
Karsten> However, *sorting* when done by the database will only be
Karsten> correct for the initdb locale.

Thank you.

Karsten> So, now that your database cluster is reinitdb'ed to
Karsten> hr_HR.UTF-8 it will both be able to host a utf8-encoded
Karsten> database as well as properly sort Croatian.

Well, for now my database cluster is reinitdb-ed to en_US.UTF-8...will
re-do to hr_HR.

Karsten> Regarding the language of the GNUmed client - that's
Karsten> independant of other things. As long as the shell you start
Karsten> GNUmed in is set to English GNUmed will use English, too.

Which LC-variable is GNUmed looking for?

My locale output is:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=hr_HR.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=hr_HR.UTF-8
LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE=hr_HR.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=hr_HR.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=hr_HR.UTF-8
LC_NAME=hr_HR.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=hr_HR.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=hr_HR.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=hr_HR.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=hr_HR.UTF-8

Sincerely,
Gour

p.s. It looks that my post with trace.log attachment did not go through
or it is awaiting moderation?

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D