Re: [Gnumed-devel] problem bootstrapping 0.3

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] problem bootstrapping 0.3
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:41:44 +0200

>>>>> "Karsten" == Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Karsten> This analysis is accurate. The recommended solution is to
Karsten> re-initdb with an UTF8-compatible locale.

I found out about that - my ../rc.d script calls initdb and I re-init db
with UTF-8 locale and finally after bootstrapping from v2 --> v9 I got:

Done bootstrapping GNUmed database: We very likely succeeded. :-)

Let's continue now...

Sincerely,
Gour

Karsten> However, the above is a special case: Gour's locale is C.

Problem is that my locale isn't C, but Postgresql thinks it is :-)

Karsten> Nonetheless .utf8 is recommended.

If I want to use hr_HR.UTF-8 for storing notes in Croatian, but still
want to have English interface (that's what I do for the whole desktop),
do I need to just initdb with hr_HR.UTF-8 and/or I need hr_HR version of
GNUmed as well?

Sincerely,
Gour