Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: <bug> shell scripts fail when /bin/sh <> /bin/bas

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: <bug> shell scripts fail when /bin/sh <> /bin/bash
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 22:37:42 +0200

> Right. Maybe the requirement could be to have POSIX-compliant shell
This requirement ist not enforceable in any way I can see.

> ( I
> remember having problems with many applications when running fish shell
> and that's why I moved to zsh), or why not replace those scripts with
> Python snippets 'cause Python is anyway dependency for GNUmed?
Python isn't really the right tool for the job. Perhaps for some but surely not
for all things we use shell scripts for.

> Jerzy> The problem I ran into was: 1. string comparison in bash is '=='
> Jerzy> while in dash is single '=' According to bash man you can use
> Jerzy> single '=' as well.
>
> Would using 'test' help?
Feel free to point out places in the code where we could do that and I'll
happily apply patches.
I have tried to use test but will have failed to do so in a few places.

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/address@hidden