[Gnumed-devel] Re: <bug> shell scripts fail when /bin/sh <> /bin/bash

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: <bug> shell scripts fail when /bin/sh <> /bin/bash
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 22:49:34 +0200

>>>>> "Sebastian" == Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Sebastian> I bet some things can be made easier. But how much easier
Sebastian> than apt-get install gnumed-client oder zypper install
Sebastian> gnumed-client or surf to opensuse.org hit the one-click
Sebastian> installer button for the server could it be ?

Well, there is no GNUmed on e.g. Arch Linux and therefore I've to go
through 'manual' install.

Moreover, it's not reasonable to expect it would be included in official
distro, but put into AUR (user repo) from where it has to be built from
the source.

Sebastian> For the server I don't know any application which can be uses
Sebastian> as a reference case. We would be glad to hear about an
Sebastian> application that has postgresql database building in the
Sebastian> installation process.

Right from the head I can think about Glom (http://www.glom.org/), but
cannot say for sure 'cause I never installed it.

Sebastian> In the future it might be easier but even today I son't see
Sebastian> too many problems.  We alway look for ways to make it easier
Sebastian> and value any input or patches.

One thing I can think of is to have server & client part in one piece,
like e.g. Glom.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D