Re: access to review audits (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] encounter edit befor

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: access to review audits (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] encounter edit before final save)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 20:49:06 +0200

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 10:16:06AM -0700, James Busser wrote:

> I agree that if the person who had *last* reviewed a result is
> *different* from the individual who is currently modifying a result,

Oh, well, *that* surely IS checked before actively sending
a notification :-)

Also, if a change is written to the database but no actual
semantic change is being made (the review stays the same) no
notification is sent.

> the
> prior results review should be invalidated and the fact that patient
> results lack a review does need to be signaled somehow.
If the review is invalidated the result again lacks a review
and thus automatically falls under the "signal lacking
review" criterion.

> Whatever previous review had been made as to abnormality, importance,
> and comment may remain valid despite the modification (e.g. Kalium /
> potassium level report of 5.9 corrected to 5.8 may justify preservation
> of the prior review). Therefore it might reduce the pain of there were an
> option for whoever is modifying the result to simply re-confirm, or at
> their option alter/update, the last review.

The widget for updating a measurement affords immediate
re-review by whoever updates the result. If the updated uses
that no notification will be sent (unless the new review
changes the old review).

> I wonder if we can avoid an unnecessary notification if whoever would
> modify a result would also, in the same session, mark it as reviewed? I
> cannot remember whether the appearance of items in an inbox is the
> result of the writing of "notification records" records (which would
> need to be deleted after the review was done), or if the notice is not in
> fact a "record" at all, just a dynamic indication of the result of a
> query,
The latter.

> which could have the ability to immediately refresh and would go
> unseen
It would, yes.

> The intended reviewer, if different than the provider who last reviewed,
> or if there is no valid review on account of failure of the person who
> modified the result to take responsibility, would still detect an
> unreviewed result, right?
Yep, but only if the assessment changed.