[Gnumed-devel] Re: versioning scheme

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: versioning scheme
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:34:40 +0200

>>>>> "Karsten" == Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Karsten> You seem to miss the simple fact that there IS NO logical
Karsten> connection between each. It is just coincidental. It just so
Karsten> happens.

Right. And it would make things simpler to comprehend.

Karsten> Just like PHP gallery can be run with MySQL 4 or 5.

That's another pair of shoes. In case of PHP gallery, MySQL provides
only SQL engine, while in case of GNUmed, server provides database
schema. Completely different beasts.

I'm not sure, but probably GNUmed client can work with several Postgres
versions, but not with several versions of the server.

Karsten> Client and server are separate entities. They just happen to
Karsten> have been released together SO FAR.

Heh, this contradicts the above statement ;)

And based on the present history, 'cause I do not want to predict the
future, I proposed to sync server's and client's version...

However, I have enough experience that GNUmed team is hard on change and
won't bother any longer :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D