Re: [Gnumed-devel] improved soap notes creator screenshot

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] improved soap notes creator screenshot
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:43:39 +0100

> > <new_soap_creator-in_action.png>
>

> 1. when any one problem would be selected, if it would be only those
> notelet(s) related to that particular problem which would be shown,
correct, depending on which editor is selected below for soap note creation
only the
related notelets are shown above

> the label at right could say 'Most Recent Related Note", or 'Most
> Recent Related Note(s)", depending on whether the query is intended
> to fetch only the most recent one per problem, or multiple notes per
> problem (if they exist)
Sounds good to me: "Most Recent Related Note(s)". Two sets of notes will be
shown:

- from the current encounter if already saved into the database at an earlier
stage
- from the immediately previous encounter

- filtered by the problem for which the editor is raised

- current encounter on top, previous encounter below that

> 2. if in this view no left-half problem is ciicked, what would the
> user be shown at right?
It would be empty. Same if in the notes creator an editor for a new problem
was selected.

Oh, to make it explicit: the "recent notes" depend on the *editor* selected
below, NOT on
any problem clicked on in the left hand list (although that could be done, too,
even both)

> 3. I notice that to include, within a note creator plug-in, a display
> of "Most Recent..." notes does severely reduce the space available in
> which to create the notes.
It does.

> I would ask:
>
> a) can the "Recent Notes" be collapsible to permit auto-expansion of
> the space available in which to create the new note?
It is already shrinkable - the right hand side is a horizontal splitter. The
handle between recent notes
and notes editor can be dragged up and down as needed. The seemingly-one-line
SOAP fields do
auto-expand upon typing.

It is possible to make the recent notes a collapsible pane, too, if that is
thought of value.

> b) would people be more apt to want to keep the "Recent notes" and
> instead manually resize the vertical splitter to the left, though
> this would obscure their view of the Active problems and tips?
> c) would people rather dispense with "Recent notes" in the note
> creator, if visual review of the prior notes is as easily handled by
> briefly clicking into a different tab?

Another consideration might be to switch "Hints and Tips" with "Recent Notes" ?
 The former
will not have much use in the short-term future.

http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger