Re: [Gnumed-devel] improved soap notes creator screenshot

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] improved soap notes creator screenshot
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 18:06:30 +0100

> > It is possible to make the recent notes a collapsible pane, too, if
> > that is thought of value.
>
> Can you point to any existing example of a collapsible pane?

http://pyswarm.wiki.sourceforge.net/space/showimage/gui_dummy_ex_collapsiblepane-collapsed.png
http://pyswarm.wiki.sourceforge.net/space/showimage/gui_dummy_ex_collapsiblepane-expanded.png

We could put the "Most Recent Notes" into a collapsible pane which lives inside
it's part of the
vertical splitter. I am just not sure how useful that would be over just
dragging the splitter in a way
that obscures most of the "Most Recent Notes".

> Would a user-based action of collapsing a pane auto-expand the other
> pane(s) which remain on the same side of a vertical splitter?
Not without explicit action by GNUmed code.

> > Another consideration might be to switch "Hints and Tips" with
> > "Recent Notes" ?  The former
> > will not have much use in the short-term future.
>
> Yes:
>
> left side (top) active problems
> left side (below) Most recent note(s)
This would make sense if the "most recent notes" would depend on the problem
list. It depends,
however, on the soap note creator -- the notelet tab that is raised determines
which most recent
notes are shown.

It is however, also possible to do both:

- when a problem is single-clicked display its most recent notes
- when a notelet-book tab is raised display its most recent notes
- when a problem is double-clicked this will open a notelet-book tab
  which in turn will display its most recent notes -- which is correct
  with regards to both the problem and the notelet-book tab :-)

> but also invert the right side, putting the soap creator
ok

> (to be combo editor?)
not yet but, yes

> in the upper section, matching its location in GNUmed 0.2x -
> 0.3x
that makes sense

but it would ask for people having to look from top right to bottom left when
checking
previous notes during entering new ones -- which is a bit more awkward in eye
movement
but may not happen all that often

> and limiting the Tips and Hints to a collapsible (?) pane at
> lower right
again, this may or may not make real sense given the below:

> and maybe (for now) giving Tips and Hints only a half or
> a third of their current vertical space allocation?
That's upon the user. We'd have to add explicit code to make it happen

Sensationsangebot nur bis 30.11: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a