Re: [Gnumed-devel] Log in

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Log in
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 15:19:05 +0100

> > I have tried many times and gnumed login screen does not show up on the
> > desktop despite what the log says.
> >
> Judging from earlier behavior of your system the login screen might not be
> visible but might just be completed and show up in the log. This would
> definetly be a behavior to look at.

No. The log snippet we were presented clearly showed that someone somewhere must
have clicked on the "login" button of the login dialog because those log lines
are only
ever generated when the "login" button handler is run.

I have said before that I seem unable to comprehend what is said to be happening
on Geordie's system. I therefore shall refrain from trying to make sense of
information
that is clearly faulty.

> Since Linux derivatives are quite similar but deviate as hell at the same
> time there might be some glitches that keep you from running GNUmed on any
> given distribution.
Well, Geordie has on several occasions presented information that was

a) not what I asked for to aid in debugging (sure, it's his choice)
b) unrelated to what he said was happening (by all things logic)
c) couldn't possibly happen (again, as can be judged remotely)
d) copied from the wiki without applying EXPLICIT instructions right
    next to the lines being copied

Again, one should not attribute to malice what can be attributed to bad luck,
mishap or whatever other cause. I will, however, refrain from trying to debug
it.

I wasn't suggesting Geordie IS a troll. I was stating that others less trained
in the pecularities of
the human mind might start to think so. Because of a-d above.

http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger