[Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:28:24 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/gnumed-server/trunk/debian/gnumed-server_bootstrap?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

Note that this will have to be run as "postgres", not "root",
to make sure it works on a standard Debian PostgreSQL.

Hmmm, it worked in the postinst as root - so I assumed it would work
this way.  Running the bootstrap script with "su postgres ..." would
be even better.

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/gnumed-server/trunk/debian/gnumed-server_bootstrap.8?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

I would offer to rename the upstream shell script to
gm-bootstrap_server.sh (you'll still have to drop the .sh)
if that's OK ?  If not I won't bother.

Ah, OK.  If there is a script which exactly does what I intended with
my simple script I would prefer to use this for sure.  And yes, leaving
out the .sh extension would be reasonable in any way.  This is a general
advise and so I would recommend to do so also in upstream.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de