[Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 09:40:32 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Hmmm, it worked in the postinst as root - so I assumed it would work
this way.  Running the bootstrap script with "su postgres ..." would
be even better.

I am not talking about the bootstrap script. I am talking about the script you
linked to.

Yes.  And I mean it might make sense to include a script like the one
I linked to in your upstream tarball (to fit Sebastians suggestion).
If there is a script which just fullfills this rule - which one
should be installed.  There are some scripts provided in your tarball.
Which one is worth moving to the Debian package and could you provide
simple manpages for these?

The boostrap script runs fine as root because it does the sudo internally
anyway.

Once again: If you start a script as root you do not need any sudo.
If you are not root, sudo has to be configured first.  This need to
be documented at a prominent place.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--