Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request For Comment

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request For Comment
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 09:48:16 +0100

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 04:38:34PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

>> There will be two printout formats:
>>
>>      - times per drug
>>      - drugs-per-time
>
> What would determine the sort order among drugs, within the "time per
> drug" report?

I would say determined by the order in the in-GNUmed list
(which will always be times-by-drug), so, eventually,
determined by the clinician.

I think the list will be small enough (even with 10-15
drugs) that it's practical to visually scan it each time a
drug needs to be located on it.

> I was wondering whether at some stage the drugs might carry a link to
> the condition for which a patient is using them,
There already is: the "episode" field :-)

> The value would be that the condition could then serve a grouping
> function.
OK.

> It is sometimes helpful when reviewing drugs to see them "in
> context" both to identify redundancy and to identify whether all useful
> options are already explored.
Agree.

> The same is true when working on-screen
> when we might expand the query to include previous drugs, so that when
> examining any problem we might easily in this way view what had already
> been tried
Absolutely. Therefore the "this time accessible" hint
regarding the audit trail.