Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request For Comment

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request For Comment
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:13:36 -0300

Insulin seringes can be graded too ... homeopathy medicines have their own way of being prescribed and given (but I am not sure ... I am NOT a homepathy physician)

Say leaving some way as to the user "EDITING" his way to show /prescribing ... seems it would be easier to translate also ;)

Rogerio

2009/3/10 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 04:56:44PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

>> Is it realistic to assume that someone who has trouble
>> knowing "0.5" to mean "one half" will be OK with "1/2" (in
>> proper superscript / subscript format) to mean "one half" ?
>
> I think some patients might understand 1/2 properly formatted, when they
> might not have understood 0.5, however the fraction has its own
> down-sides of usually-smaller font and therefore more poorly readable.
True enough as can be seen in the wiki. It might make sense
to be able to select the scaling of the printout.

Is there any need other than for one-half or one-quarter ?

E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346