Re: [Gnumed-devel] terminology question

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] terminology question
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 14:27:46 -0700

On 5-Apr-09, at 7:06 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

... To force this order one might use the tags:

1 psy 1
4 ortho 2

... Note, however, that this particular tagging is just ONE way
of achieving the above order. Another one would be to simply
number the issues.

Insertion of a tag value into a new Foundational issue would depend on a knowledge of what exists already. Could this be achieved through a phrasewheel by which (while this tag field is in focus) pressing spacebar (or is it down-cursor) would expose the existing values for this patient?

I assume that in the case of duplicate values (such as a user selecting
        4 ortho 2
but then failing to edit it into
        4 ortho 3
the two would sort together and among them by alpha order.

Can any way be thought of to edit the sort value of more than one row at a time?

re the nice-but-difficult idea to have "spacer" rows, I agree to not create garbage rows in the patient record. If feasible, would it be desirable that within any group, the first item would be flush-left and the second and subsequent value among any group indented?