Re: [Gnumed-devel] terminology question

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] terminology question
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 14:49:03 -0700

On 3-Apr-09, at 2:02 PM, Rogerio Luz wrote:

For now my Client just puts them in Alfabetical order, and I HATE my old way to organize it (putting 0000 0001 0002 0003 in front of the issues)

I agree the above is a terrible way to have to do it. We are possibly agreed it makes no sense to corrupt foundational issue names by the addition clinically meaningless "prepends". Therefore any such "sort value" data needs to be split into some other field.

Until we would have extra coders with the tome or sophistication to add drag-and-drop then I would see no quick option other than to assign each item its desired sort value (manually) unless anyone can suggest another approach.