[Gnumed-devel] terminology question

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] terminology question
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 14:55:03 +0200

Hi all,

I was wondering how one would input the following condition into GNUmed.

Patient suffers from AV-Block III° and receives a dual chamber pacemaker.
Health issue/Grunderkrankung would be AV-Block III° I assume. Pacemaker
implant procedure would be what in that context ?

If patient comes in for a pacemaker checkup and I want to write a soap note I
would select av-block as health issue. What am I supposed to put in to reflect
that the reason for encounter was a pacemaker checkup (not a problem in that
case).

What if the patient suffers from device associated infection. Is this a
seperate health issue or is the issue AV-Block III° and the active problem the
device associated infection ?

Any clues are appreciated

Sebastian