Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Sent out emails to other EMR Groups

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Sent out emails to other EMR Groups
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 10:48:53 +0200

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 10:14:28AM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> The idea is quite simple.
>
> 1.) let project managers know there is Debian
> 2.) contact them to tell them about Debian
> 3.) tell them about Debian and Debian-med
> 4.) sell the idea that is makes sense to package for Debian

This may be the difficult part. EMRs are vertical apps.
Those that are backed by commercial entities do reach
"their" users via means other than generic Linux distros so
they don't see the need to "get into" any.

We do have that need, however, because we need to reach many
users far and wide because we don't have a well-defined
local user group.