Re: [Gnumed-devel] Better-supporting staff and other non-patient person

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Better-supporting staff and other non-patient persons
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 10:49:23 -0300

I think a new field on the database with a "is_patient" = true or false would be prefereable, and after patient creation the default is TRUE. When including the patient as staff the client would ask if the staff "should be classified as staff only or maintaned as patient also".

In the future say there is a encounter (or a Note being made) for a nurse or a secretary (say they get the flu) it would be automatically changed to "is_patient"= TRUE , (or it could be asked if the doctor would like to make the change in status - but for my practice, if I ever see a person as a patient I would think it obvious that it would have to be changed to "is_patient" = TRUE, always)

I think that Jim's idea of storing the "speciality" of another doctor in the "dem.occupation" is great, even better because we can use it to store the role of different types of thereapists (physiotherapists, acupuncturist, massagists, faith healers , etc - as a speciality :)

Rogerio