Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Tarballs and dependencies (was Re: gnumed-server

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Tarballs and dependencies (was Re: gnumed-server packages)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:55:01 +0200

> I would stay away from installing tarballs!  Really!

Aah, never mind !  The way we "install" tarballs is entirely
user-local. They are put below /home/user/.gnumed/client-installations/
and no file whatsoever leaks out into the system proper. A link to
start each version is put on the desktop. No other user can even
use it. They each need to install it themselves.

Delete the directory for the version you want to get rid of and be
done with uninstalling.

So far we have had *excellent* turnaround times for new client
versions, sometimes same-day touchdown.

GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss