Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 12:56:21 +0200

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 04:25:17PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

>> Witness the attached screenshot for the current state.
>>
>> This, BTW, being run with
>>
>>      LANG=en_GB.utf8 gm-from-cvs.sh
>>
>> Note the dates.
>
> The dates look like mine (en_CA) ...
Erh, indeed, yeah :)  Maybe the point was that since they
usually *don't* look like yours you could take that as an
indication that

        LANG=de_DE.utf8 gm-from-cvs.sh

should give you German dates (provided de_DE.utf8 is installed)

> not very helpful in CA, on account
> of the frequency of American-configured systems, so we are trained to
> always doubt we truly know any date such as Kirk's Caveat dated 04/05/09

I see !  Now, that clicks with me.

> As to the updated screenshot, I think I like the clean look of the
> bottom plug-in module "buttons" (which used to be tabs).
Now that solely depends on the theme of the desktop
environment. This happens to be Oxygen on KDE 4.2.

> Is the text that I had put into the Notes editor (before taking the
> screenshot now at
> agreed to be useful or are there any improvement suggestions?

Sounds OK to me.