Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: 0.5.rc4 Address entry issues

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: 0.5.rc4 Address entry issues
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:21:20 +0200

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 04:05:05PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> >Technically correct would be:
> >
> >     Either this address here (if values remain unchanged
> >     below) OR a new address created from the details below
> >     is linked to the patient as the home address.
>
> "An address optionally selected here will pre-fill the parts below,
> with final values thereof being saved as this person's (assumed
> 'home") address."

This is the current tooltip:

        Here you can enter a postal code or street name to
        search for an existing address from which the fields
        below will be pre-filled.

        That address - or a new address created from any
        modifications below - will be used as the person's
        home address.

        You can also just enter the relevant information into
        the corresponding fields without searching for an
        existing address.

> Too bad the patient search phrasewheel does not include postal
> codes!

Yeah, but we need to draw a line somewhere.

> However I contributed an SQL statement that will do the job.

I added that to the upgrade.

> Shall I add to wishlist
>
>       When saving SQL report of already existing name, prompt whether to
> over-write existing version.

Yes. It can be tagged as eays-to-do.