Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Bootstrapping for production -- user accounts

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Bootstrapping for production -- user accounts
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 15:02:10 -0700

On 6-Aug-09, at 2:07 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Maybe another approach is to get away from the non-descript

notion of a "clean database" and pinning down what that

really is supposed to mean. There's bound to be a bunch of

things we can rather easily delete from the database during

any particular release which will take us toward that lofty

goal step by step ?

My simplistic meaning of "clean"

- no test persons
- no test users (save, I gather, there must exist at least one in the bootstrap process?)
- no clinical data in any tables where such data would supposedly belong to persons who are not locally-relevant, real persons
- no demographic data

- keep streets, addresses, cities, states, countries in their locale bootstraps

- clean still accepts clinical reference codes (ICD9 codes, loin codes)
- clean *can* still accept pre-defined categories and types (encounters, documents, roles) as the existence of default sets assists internationalization and the labels can be locally renamed