Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:31:21 +0100

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:12:10AM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> >>Inbox
> >>====
> >>the inbox item "Kirk is of to Galactica" if double-clicked is of an
> >>Unknown message type. Are message types and their handling
> >>intended to
> >>be configured anywhere via the frontend?
> >
> >No. Maybe this message is more confusing than helpful ? Should we
> >demote
> >it to a status line message ?  Or do nothing at all ?
>
> I would rather not give an answer before understanding what might
> still be a good idea. Is the issue that there exists a "type" which
> is "status line" and if you changed this particular message's
> "message type" (to "status line") this would give an already-defined
> behaviour?

What I am referring to:

The popup informing of the "unknown message type" is a
rather intrusive <message box widget>.

We could remove the popup and inform the user by writing
something into the status line at the bottom of the GNUmed
client. That would be much less intrusive.

Alternatively we could also do "nothing" if the message is
of "unknown type".